Experimental studies and clinical trials are endlessly conducted on our products. All experimental studies and clinical trials to date have shown significant results. Several of them have been published in international peer-reviewed scientific journals. LABRHA also displays each year several scientific posters at different congresses.
- Safety and efficacy of intra articular injections of a combination of hyaluronic acid and mannitol (HANOX-M) in patients with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis. Results of a double-blind, controlled, multicenter, randomized trial. T. Conrozier, F. Eymard, N. Afif, JC. Balblanc, V. Legré-Boyer, X. Chevalier, on behalf of the Happyvisc Study. The Knee. 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.knee.2016.05.015 -Publication-
- Obesity and radiological severity are associated with viscosupplementation failure in patients with knee osteoarthritis. F. Eymard; X. Chevalier; T. Conrozier. J Orthop Res. 2017 Jan 27. doi: 10.1002/jor.23529. -Publication-
- Addition of Mannitol to Hyaluronic Acid may Shorten Viscosupplementation Onset of Action in Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis: Post-Hoc Analysis of A Double-blind, Controlled Trial. Eymard F, Bossert M, Lecurieux R, Maillet B, Chevalier X, et al. (2016) J Clin Exp Orthop 2: 21. doi: 10.4172/2471-8416.100021 -Publication-
- Impact of Obesity, Structural Severity and Their Combination on the Efficacy of Viscosupplementation in Patients With Knee Osteoarthritis. T. Conrozier, F. Eymard, M; Chouk, X. Chevalier. BMC Musculoskelet Disord 2019 Aug 17;20(1):376. doi: 10.1186/s12891-019-2748-0. -Publication-
- Does the Presence of Neuropathic Pain Influence the Response to Hyaluronic Acid in Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis? Tiendrebeogo E, Choueiri M, Chevalier X, et al. Cartilage. 2020 Sep10:1947603520954509. doi: 10.1177/1947603520954509 – Publication-
HAPPYCROSS IN THE HIP
- Predictors of response to viscosupplementation in patients with hip osteoarthritis: results of a prospective, observational, multicentre, open-label, pilot study. Eymard et al. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders (2017) 18:3. DOI 10.1186/s12891-016-1359-2. -Publication-
- Viscosupplementation with HANOX-M-XL (HappyCross®) is effective in moderate hip osteoarthritis but is not an alternative to hip joint surgery in patients with severe disease. Results of a clinical survey in 191 patients treated in daily practice. T.Conrozier; M. Bossert; A. Walliser-Lohse; M. Sondag; JC Balblanc. Eur J Musculoskeletal Dis. 2015; 2:49-55. –Publication
- Hip Inflammation MRI Scoring System (HIMRISS) to Predict Response to Hyaluronic Acid Injection in Hip Osteoarthritis. Deseyne N, Conrozier T, Lellouche H et al. Joint Bone Spine. 2018 Jul;85(4):475-480. doi: 10.1016/j.jbspin.2017.08.004.-Publication-
HAPPYCROSS IN THE ANKLE
- Imaging guidance improves the results of viscosupplementation with HANOX-M-XL in patients with ankle osteoarthritis. Results of a clinical survey in 50 patients treated in daily practice. M. Bossert; D. Boulbil; JM Parisaux; AM Bozgan; E. Richelme; T. Conrozier. Clin Med Insights Arthritis Musculoskelet Disord. 2016 Nov 22;9:195-199. DOI:10.4137/CMAMD.S40401 -Publication-
A cohort study on 50 patients treated with HAppyCross® for ankle osteoarthritis has been presented as a poster at the French Society of Rheumatology Congress in 2014. A paper related to this study has been written and is currently in press. Preliminary results on the first 20 patients included have been presented in a poster displayed at the International Symposium Intra-Articular Treatment (ISIAT), Barcelona, on the 3-5 October 2013.
HAPPYCROSS IN THE KNEE
- Safety and Efficacy of Single Intra-Articular Injection of a Cross-Linked Hyaluronic Acid/Mannitol Formulation [Happycross®] in knee Osteoarthritis Results of a Prospective Observational Study in Daily Practice Conditions. Monet M, Bozgan AM, Conrozier T. Ortho & Rheum Open Access 2017; 5(3): 555664. DOI: 10.19080/OROAJ.2017.05.555664. -Publication-
- Standardized Follow-up of Patients with Symptomatic Knee Osteoarthritis Treated with a Single Intra-articular Injection of a Combination of Cross-Linked Hyaluronic Acid and Mannitol. Thierry Conrozier, Ana-Maria Bozgan, Marie Bossert, Maxime Sondag, Anne Lohse-Walliser and Jean-Charles Balblanc. Clin Med Insights Arthritis Musculoskelet Disord. 2016 Sep 25;9:175-9. doi: 10.4137/CMAMD.S39432. eCollection 2016. –Publication-
- Getting Better or Getting Well? The Patient Acceptable Symptom State (PASS) Better Predicts Patient’s Satisfaction than the Decrease of Pain, in Knee Osteoarthritis Subjects Treated with Viscosupplementation. Thierry Conrozier, Matthieu Monet, Anne Lohse, Raghu Raman. Cartilage. 2017 Aug 1:1947603517723072. doi: 10.1177/1947603517723072 -Publication–
- Reduction of the Serum Levels of a Specific Biomarker of Cartilage Degradation (Coll2-1) by Hyaluronic Acid (KARTILAGE® CROSS) Compared to Placebo in Painful Knee Osteoarthritis Patients: the EPIKART Study, a Pilot Prospective Comparative Randomized Double Blind Trial. Henrotin Y., Berenbaum F., Chevalier X., Marty M., Richette P., Rannou F. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017 May 26;18(1):222. doi: 10.1186/s12891-017-1585-2. -Publication-
This study has been conducted with biomarkers in order to demonstrate that HAppyCross reduces cartilage degradation in patients with knee OA (decrease of the biomarkers of type II collagen). This study shows HAppyCross is effective to decrease degradation of collagen but has not been designed to show any clinical effects.
- Effect of Mannitol on Hyaluronic Acid Stability in Two in Vitro Models of Oxidative Stress. M. Rinaudo; B Lardy; L. Grange; T. Conrozier. Polymers 2014, 6, 1948-1957; doi: 10.3390/polym6071948 -Publication-
- Mannitol preserves the elasto-viscous properties of hyaluronic acid in an in vitro model of oxidative stress. T. Conrozier; P. Mathieu; M. Rinaudo. Rheumatol Ther. 2014; doi: 10.1007/s40744-014-0001-8. -Publication-
- Is the addition of a polyol to hyaluronic acid a significant advance in the treatment of osteoarthritis? Conrozier T. Curr Rheumatol Rev. 2017 Jul 10. doi:10.2174/1573397113666170710115558. -Publication-
- Steroids, lidocaine and ioxaglic acid modify the viscosity of hyaluronic acid: in vitro study and clinical implications. T. Conrozier; J. Patarin; P. Mathieu; M. Rinaudo. SpringerPlus . 2016;5:170; doi: 10.1186/s40064-016-1762-z. –Publication-
HAPPYMINI IN THE TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT
- Safety & Efficacy of a Single Injection of Mannitol-modified Cross-Linked Hyaluronic Acid (HAPPYMINI®) in patients with Temporo-Mandibular Osteoarthritis. Baron D, Baron H. Baraer C. Oral communication at the SFR 2018 congress – Presentation –
HAPPYMINI IN THE TRAPEZIOMETACARPAL JOINT
- Safety and Predictive Factors of Short-Term Efficacy of a Single Injection of Mannitol-Modified Cross-Linked Hyaluronic Acid in Patients With Trapeziometacarpal Osteoarthritis. Results of a Multicentre Prospective Open-Label Pilot Study (INSTINCT Trial) Dauvissat J, Rizzo C, Lellouche H et al. Clin Med Insights Arthritis Musculoskelet Disord. 2018 Jun 21;11:1179544118782901. doi: 10.1177/1179544118782901. -Publication-
HAPPYMINI IN THE BIG TOE
- Safety and efficacy of a single intra-articular injection of mannitol-modified cross-linked hyaluronic acid (HappyMini®) in patients with hallux rigidus. A prospective open-label multicentre pilot study (REPAR trial)T Conrozier*, J Porterie*, B Loze*, Oral communication at the ISIAT 2019 congress – Presentation –
HAPPYMINI IN THE PATELLO-FEMORAL CHONDROPATHY
- Hyaluronic Acid Intra-Articular Injections for Treating Idiopathic Patello-Femoral Chondropathy in Adolescents. A. Lohse, A. Gizard, JC. Balblanc. Advances in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Volume 2020, Issue 01 -Publication-
USE OF VISCOSUPPLEMENTATION IN THE MANAGEMENT OF OA
LABRHA is the organizer of the “European Board on Viscosupplementation” which takes place every year in Lyon. This event get together the best European experts in viscosupplementation to allow them to debate during 2 days on a specific topic related to viscosupplementation and work together towards the common goal of publishing papers in renowned international scientific journals. Publications are available on the website of the group EUROVISCO : eurovisco.com
- Multicenter, prospective, controlled double-blind study comparing fib-19-01, a phytotherapy treatment for fibromyalgia, to a dietary supplement and to conventional treatment in patients suffering from fibromyalgia. M. Barmaki, C. Maindet-Dominici, J. Nizard, D. Baron, I. Russ, P. Fardellone, P. Ginies, Jf. Marc, T. Conrozier, P. Bertin. Altern Ther Health Med. 2019 Jul;25(4):46-53. – Publication –
- TOL19-001 reduces inflammation and MMP expression in monolayer cultures of tendon cells. C. Baugé et al. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2015; 15:217; doi 10.1186/s12906-015-0748-7. – Publication –
- In vitro study evaluating the effect of a dietary supplement combining different antioxidants (Cicatendon®) in a human model of tendinopathy. C. Baugé C; K. Boumediene; S. Leclercq; T. Conrozier. Oral Communication at the 25th congress of the French Society of Rheumatology (SFR). Rev Rhum 2012; 79 (Suppl. 1).
- TOL19-001 effect on MMPs production and NF-kB pathway in a human model of ciprofloxacin induced tendonitis. C. Baugé; K. Boumediene; S. Leclercq; T. Conrozier. Oral communication at the 26th congress of the French Society of Rheumatology (SFR). Rev Rhum 2013; 80 (Suppl. 1).
- Impact of the Addition of Ginger Extract and Copper Sulphate to Glucosamine Sulphate on Il-1β- Stimulated Chondrocytes. Rousset F, Grange L, Nguyen MVU, Pinosa-Zezza C, Gaudin P, et al. J Rheum Dis Treat 2016 2:038 – Publication –
Results of this study have been presented in a poster displayed at the OARSI Congress in Barcelona in 2012 as well as at the SFR Congress in Paris the same year.
- Predictive factors of adherence to an association of glucosamine sulfate, copper, and ginger extracts in patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis: a prospective open-label French noninterventional study (the PREDOA study). Conrozier T, Renevier JL, Parisaux JM, Balblanc JC. Patient Prefer Adherence. 2019 Jun 7;13:915-921. doi: 10.2147/PPA.S200892. – Publication –
- A Complex of three natural anti-inflammatory agents provides relief of osteoarthritis pain. T. Conrozier; P. Mathieu; M. Bonjean; JF. Marc; JL. Renevier; JC. Balblanc. Altern Ther Health Med 2014 Winter;20 (Suppl.1):32-7. – Publication –